What Is A Ketogenic Diet?
A ketogenic diet is a plan which involves low carbs diet and eats more fats to give your body energy to lose weight. But the conditions differ from women to women.
In a ketogenic diet, you have to eat 60 to 75 % fat, 15 to 30 % protein, and 5 to 10 % carbs. This process is called ketosis, which burns fats.
Many studies show that it has many health benefits for women, like controlling high sugar and fighting various cancer types.
According to various researches, it is useful for women to lose weight, boost fat burning, and keep hunger hormones in control. According to a recent study, women who combine Keto Diet with full-body workout experience quick results than those who rely only on a diet.
Benefits Of A Ketogenic Diet
- Boost menstrual cycle
- Control blood sugar
- Fight with cancer
- Help you in reducing weight
- Keep hormones balanced
- Improve your mental and physical health
- Boost your mood
- Keep away from stress
- Proper sleep
- Eliminate overeating habit
- Keep your metabolism and immune system healthy
- Protect too from different illnesses, especially PCOS.
- Good for your skin
- Solution to infertility
Is A Ketogenic Diet Risky For Women?
- The high amount of eating fat can leads to elevated cortisol levels and heart diseases in women.
- It sometimes makes women weak.
- It is a stringent diet and needs proper planning.
- The ketogenic diet common side effect is keto flu that can lead women to constipation, weaken muscles and bones, irregular menstrual cycle, hair loss, low pressure, etc.
Foods You Should Or Shouldn’t Add To Your Diet
Limit or eliminate foods from a ketogenic diet
- Limit sugary items like ice cream, cake, pastries, flavor juices and milk, sweets, chocolates, etc.
- Avoid white grain products like pasta, rice, white bread, donuts, cookies, etc.
- Avoid eating fruits, but you can eat berries like blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Try to avoid beans like peas, chickpeas, kidney beans, etc.
- Use low-fat sauces, light salad, barbecue sauce, low-fat bread spreads, chilli sauce, or ketchup sauce.
- Avoid oily items like oily foods, packet items like chips, bakery items, etc.
- Avoid alcohol
Foods You Should Consume In A Ketogenic Diet
- You should eat meat like chicken, turkey, red meat, ham, sausage, and steak.
- Try to eat fatty fishes like tuna, salmon, mackerel, or trout.
- Eat egg as it is full of nutrients.
- Add butter and heavy cream to your diet.
- Add cheese like cheddar, cream, mozzarella, etc.
- Eat nuts like chia seeds, walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds, etc.
- Use healthy oils in cooking like avocado oil, virgin olive oil, and coconut oil.
- Go for low carb vegetables like onion, pepper, tomatoes, and green vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper, spices, or herbs to your diet.
Tips For Ketogenic Diet For Women
Women face problems in a ketogenic diet, significantly above 40 age women who follow a ketogenic diet but don’t get any results. They have to use supplements like Over 30 Hormone Solution Support to get weight loss.
Sometimes ketogenic diet leads women to various health issues and makes them weaker.
It is vital to keep some point in your mind to have a result with a ketogenic diet.
Get A Proper Amount Of Protein
Eat protein according to your body weight. It is crucial to consume 1.2 to 1.7grams of protein per kg. If you eat, take proper protein to keep yourself healthy, as is excellent for bones and muscles.
Try to eat healthy food, consume healthy carbs, fats that give you the energy to do better. So if you want to lose weight, don’t overeat, eat-in limits according to required calories, and eat healthily.
When doing a ketogenic diet or low carb diet, they stop eating around 14 to 16 hours. This is safe fasting; if you want to lose weight, you should try fasting for better results.
If you have any medical conditions, you should avoid extended fasting, eat when you feel hungry, and avoid eating if you think you don’t need food. Eat according to your body needs.
Control Your Carb Intake
It is important in the keto diet to avoid refined carbs as they consist high amount of carbs.
So keep your carbs balanced, eat less than 20 grams of carbs, and avoid overeating carbs.
Alcohol is not suitable for a ketogenic diet. If you drink it, you may experience weight gain. The one reason why women fail in the ketogenic diet is drinking alcohol.
To replace it with water, fresh juices, etc.
Remove Intake Of Sweet Items
Try to avoid sugary items like cakes, pastries, cookies, donuts, sweets, sodas, packet juices. These all items consist of high sugar, which is not good for the ketogenic diet and weight loss.
Involve Yourself In Physical Activities
It is essential to move your body. If you are a housewife, you can go for a home workout with weights or without weight. It can be running. Jogging, cycling, swimming, aerobics, cardio, walking in which you feel comfortable. So go for it.
It is essential to take 7 to 8 hours of sleep per day. If you sleep well, you will feel fresh and active the whole day, but you feel tired and lazy. But remember not to sleep too much as it leads to weight gain. Stop eating 2 hours before you sleep.
Avoid stress because it can give you nothing but is the root of every health issue. According to studies, women have PCOS or other illnesses due to stress, increasing day by day. So my advice is to involve yourself in yoga, meditation, do creativity, painting, stitching, whatever you like to do.
The ketogenic diet is beneficial for women who want to lose weight. It also very helpful for women to boost their health and balanced hormones.
On the other hand, there are also some problems with doing it for a longer time. So my advice is to visit the doctor before you start and keep it for short intervals because it can make your body system weak.
Be careful with women who are expecting or have PCOS problems.
Women can get success when they follow all guidance and eat according to the ketogenic diet plan.
I hope you will achieve your weight loss goals with this Keto diet.